What happens if I go over my monthly plan?
Firstly, we only ever stop tracking if invoices are unpaid for many months and our emails are ignored. Outside of that, we don’t stop tracking, even if you go over your plan.
We don't do automatic upgrades either (we believe you should be in control of this). Instead, we initiate an email sequence when either of the following happens:
- You go over your views by more than 30% when going live with Fathom on you website.
- You have been under 100,000 for many months, but has 2 consecutive months of 130,000+ (30%).
When this happens, we perform the following via email:
- Day 1 - Friendly upgrade request with link in email to upgrade very quickly.
- Day 4 - Reminder to upgrade account, and notice informing you that you need to take notice within the next 3 days or your account will be locked.
- Day 7 - We lock the account. The account will continue to process pageviews but the account will be locked until you upgrade their account.
So even if you go over your monthly plan, we do not stop tracking page views. And if you do go over and don't take action to upgrade, we still do not stop tracking page views (we just lock your account, until it's resolved/upgraded).
We feel this is the most transparent and fair way to do things for our customers (because things can happen, like a viral site or a credit card expiring) to keep the analytics tracking.← Return to support