Website analytics without compromiseNew Why we prioritize support over sales in our SaaS business
For the longest time, website analytics software was seriously bad. It was hard to understand, time-consuming to use, and worse, it exploited visitor data for big tech to profit.
Our script is fast
Our embed code loads faster than Google Analytics, meaning we're better for your SEO than they are. The script loads from all over the world, from the place closest to the person visiting your site.
See all your visitors (not just half)
Millions of people use browser plugins to block scripts. That's why we pioneered the method for by-passing ad blockers, so you get the full picture of who's visiting your site without invading anyone's privacy.
Privacy isn't just a gimmick
Our entire company is built on putting digital privacy first. We're GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy, PECR (and more) compliant. Our business model is selling software, not selling data. Because of this, Fathom doesn't require annoying cookie notices.
Access for everyone (or no one)
Want to grant access to specific website dashboards for particular clients/employees? Or make your dashboard 100% public? Fathom lets you create private, public or passworded dashboards without needing an account at all.
Fathom is trusted by thousands of businesses to power their privacy-first website analytics
What kind of companies use Fathom? Fortune 100s, pioneers of the Open Web, Premier League football clubs, banks, and governments around the world all use our software to provide them with a privacy-focused and easy-to-use alternative to Google Analytics. Not to mention loads of small and mighty companies are Fathom customers as well.
Fathom is used by companies who care about your privacy
Wow, what a breath of fresh air. I love how simple Fathom is, and it really gives you all the traffic metrics you could need.Joel Gascoigne, CEO of Buffer
I switched to Fathom because it’s an ethical analytics tool that I trust. It gives me everything I want to know about my site's performance.Charli Marie, Creative director of ConvertKit
I value my time and my website visitors right to privacy. That’s why I’ve switched to Fathom Analytics.Marshall Shorts, founder of Artfluential
Fathom simplifies the task of analyzing site performance while simultaneously respecting my visitors' privacy. Also, it’s a joy to use.Jon Henshaw, founder of Coywolf
Today, so many big tech corps are abusing our privacy. This is why I use Fathom. They’re an analytics company I can trust.Justin Jackson, Cofounder of Transistor
Privacy-protections aside, I love the beautifully simple interface. Fathom is now part of my default stack.Derrick Reimer, founder of SavvyCal
We host a bi-weekly podcast, Above Board, discussing privacy and business in the digital age.Subscribe via iTunes, Overcast or grab the RSS feed.
We also host This Week in Digital Privacy, privacy news for business owners every Friday.Subscribe via iTunes, Overcast or grab the RSS feed.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I use the same plan for multiple websites?
- Yes, you can add up to 60 sites/dashboards under a single plan, and they all share your monthly page views.
- How long do you store my analytics data?
- Forever. Meaning, as long as you are a customer, you can access your data all the way back to when you signed up for an account. 7 days, or even 30 days, doesn't give you a clear enough picture of if your website is trending up or down, which is why we give you data retention forever.
- How do I add the embed code to my website?
- You paste it into the header of any website or content management system. It’s one single line of code and will never slow down your website’s speed. Our software easily integrates with all content management and software tools, such as Wordpress, Ghost, Squarespace, Next.js, Vue and more.
- What happens if I go over my page view limit?
- We never charge for occasional traffic spikes, nor do we ever shut your account off if you reach your plan limit early. Instead, if you go over your plan two months in a row or within the first month of joining Fathom, we let you know we’re upgrading your account. From there, you can decide to stay or cancel your account (no hard feelings either way). You can even export your data if you leave.
- Why isn’t Fathom free like Google Analytics?
- If you aren't paying for a product, you are the product. That's why Google Analytics is free, because they make enough money off the personal data their customers give them by using their analytics service. We charge a small and sustainable fee for Fathom because our business model is selling software, not data (these very different business models). Our customers gladly pay for our service because they know their data is safe with us and their visitors' privacy is protected. As a profitable business, we're in this for the long haul.
- Why does digital privacy even matter?
- You may think that digital privacy doesn’t matter because you have nothing to hide. And that may be true (to some extent), but your data shouldn’t be monetized and sold by giant tech companies who are taking your tastes and preferences and selling them to advertisers (including companies like Cambridge Analytica). These companies are following you around the internet, keeping track of what you do, and then using that knowledge to sell you things or manipulate your thoughts. By using Fathom, you are making your website a black hole to big tech, meaning they cannot track any data about individuals who visit your website.
Website analytics deserved better, so we built a better website analytics tool
Fathom is easy-yet-powerful website analytics that protects digital privacy. Begin with a 7-day free trial, and then pricing starts at $14/month.Get started for free View a live demo