Fathom Analytics, simple website analytics changelog
Your source for recent updates to Fathom Analytics and our simple, privacy-focused website analytics software.
We are actively working on the following features
- Moving our collector to DynamoDB
- Version 3 :o
- A public API
- Added unlimited uptime monitoring to all plans at no extra cost
- Added support for ?ref in URLs. So you can override the referrer. Great for tracking campaigns / sources
- Moved our data collector & dashboard to edge-optimized set-up, meaning faster performance globally
- Introduced a much more simple tracking code, with lots of goodies
- Added support guides for installing Fathom in Ember.js, Gatsby.js, Ghost, Next.js, Nuxt.js, Webflow, Vue.js and Other SPAs
- Deployed a gorgeous refactor to our aggregator. This will mean nothing to you, unless you're nerdy like us, but we moved our thread locks from MySQL to DynamoDB
- You can now stop your analytics from tracking you. And guess what? You don't have to use a browser plugin or have a static IP!
- Revamped custom domains, and they're now much faster, along with having better global availability. Jack actually wrote about how we did it. Not to toot our own horn too much but this is the best custom domain solution on the market, and it took months to get it perfect
- Removed that external image from emails we send you. Our logo now comes as an attachment instead
- Added the data export feature back but with so many improvements. Most people didn't care about this feature, since they have no plans to leave Fathom, but we needed to get this back online
- Fixed a dashboard problem that would log you out if you clicked from another site / email
- Custom domains are now live. Read about it here.
- We had our application reported as malware. We quickly contacted all relevant tools that were reporting us as malware and got them to remove us from their blacklists. We've added real time SSL monitoring and this won't happen again
- Added a new section for our podcast
- Huge aggregation refactors to handle the growing number of new sites. Viral sites do not slow down aggregation for others
- Automate account locking if a user's invoice is unpaid for 1+ month. Less admin work = more time for the product
- Automated affiliate payouts to save admin work
- Released email reports weekly / monthly etc.
- Updated logout to be current device only, not all devices
- Improved "Update credit card" process for failed payments
- Introduced affiliate role, allowing people to register as affiliates without opening an account
- Added remember user's preference for current visitors box
- Added "This Year" to date range picker
- Improved automatic dunning to free up our time for development, not chasing invoices
- Improved invoices sent via email (PDF)
- Added email that goes out before yearly subscription renews
- Fixed Firefox issue with red highlight on input boxes
- Added notifications when 2FA is enabled / disabled on accounts
- Improved caching of goals
- Added ability to convert dashboard boxes to percentage view (click the numbers)
- Fixed currency on invoices
- Created a privacy-focused affiliate program, 25% lifetime commissions. Read about it here.
- Created a WordPress plugin for our customers, to display the Fathom dashboard inside WordPress. Read about it here.
- Added option to enable 2FA for our customers. Read about it here.
- Launch of V2
- New marketing site, built on Statamic.
- New dashboard with several new features, including: goal tracking, live visitor details, weekly email reports, dashboard sharing, and under-the-hood speed improvements.
- Added 7-day free trials for all plans.
- New support articles added to public site.
- We also created this changelog (how meta).