How to use Fathom Analytics
Fathom Analytics is a simple-to-use, privacy-focused Google Analytics alternative.
Our software is tremendously more straightforward to use than Google Analytics, as our data focuses on key metrics you can use to make better business decisions about your website.
Let’s go through how to set up and use our website analytics software from start to finish.
View a live demo Get started for free
Embed our script on your site
Additional features you can optionally setup here
- Up to 50 unique sites - add sites for yourself or your agency clients (you can pay a little extra if you have more then 50 sites)
- Bypass ad-blockers - use a custom domain to see 100% of your site’s traffic
- No cookie banners needed - our analytics are 100% GDPR compliant website analytics.
- Block your own visits - either through IP blocking or via your browser console.
Get to know your dashboard
The Fathom dashboard is the centre of our software. It’s a single page of valuable data about what’s popular on your website: content, referrers, conversions, campaigns, devices, countries, and browsers.
You can also see how many people are currently live on your site, and click any of the data to filter your entire dashboard.
See what’s popular on your website
View how well conversions and campaigns are performing
Add multiple filters to drill into your data
Additional features for your dashboard
- All sites view - From your sites dropdown, select All sites to see a quick overview of all the sites on your account.
- Dashboard sharing - you can set every one of your dashboards to private, public or protected by a password.
- Dark mode - by default, your dashboards honour your system settings, but from your account settings page, you can force dark mode (or light mode).
- Multiple domains - if you have several domains or sub-domains and want their data to show on a single dashboard, you can set up multi-domains.
Email reports and site monitoring
You can send yourself or your agency clients weekly or monthly email reports for a single site, multiple sites, or even all sites on your account. That way, you can get an overview of your analytics without even logging into your Fathom account.
We also offer free uptime monitoring for our customers on every pricing plan. That way, you won’t be the last person to know if your site (or a customer's site) is offline.
You can send a single site email report with stats from one specific site
Send a multi-site email report with a snapshot from several sites
You can receive an email, SMS, Slack message or Telegram if a site is offline
Additional features for reports and monitoring
- One per client - if you're sending email reports to clients, you can just include their site, so they don't see reports from your other clients.
- Know when your site is back online - if it's just a small glitch on your site or hosting company, we can let you know when your site's back online too.
- All customers, all plans - reports and uptime monitoring are available to all Fathom customers, on all plans.