Website analytics without compromiseNew Does Laravel Scale?
For the longest time, website analytics software was seriously bad. It was hard to understand, time-consuming to use, and worse, it exploited visitor data for big tech to profit.
Our entire company is built on putting digital privacy first. Your EU traffic is automatically routed through European-owned infrastructure, and our Canadian company has GDPR adequacy ruling. Plus, we're GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy, PECR (and more) compliant.
See all your visitors (not just half)
Millions of people use browser plugins to block scripts. That's why we pioneered the method for by-passing ad blockers, so you get the full picture of who's visiting your site without invading anyone's privacy.
Our script is fast
Our embed code loads faster than Google Analytics, meaning we're better for your SEO than they are. The script loads from all over the world, from the place closest to the person visiting your site.
We sell software, not data
This is why we created anonymous pageview tracking that doesn't collect or store personal data (we have no use for it). Because of this, Fathom doesn't require annoying cookie notices.
Getting started with Fathom is easy
Gain valuable insights into your website or web application all without spying on anyone in just a few, quick steps. And, if you get stuck, our support is always on hand to help you get things up and running.
Sign up for an account
Start with a 7-day free trial, then pricing starts at $14/month.
Add our script
It's a single line of code that works with every site, web app and CMS.
See your stats
Your Fathom dashboard will start showing you real-time data.
Fathom is trusted by thousands of businesses to power their privacy-first website analytics
What kind of companies use Fathom? Fortune 100s, pioneers of the Open Web, Premier League football clubs, banks, and governments around the world all use our software to provide them with a privacy-focused and easy-to-use alternative to Google Analytics. Not to mention loads of small and mighty companies are Fathom customers as well.
Fathom is used by companies who care about your privacy
Wow, what a breath of fresh air. I love how simple Fathom is, and it really gives you all the traffic metrics you could need.Joel Gascoigne, CEO of Buffer
I switched to Fathom because it’s an ethical analytics tool that I trust. It gives me everything I want to know about my site's performance.Charli Marie, Creative director of ConvertKit
I value my time and my website visitors right to privacy. That’s why I’ve switched to Fathom Analytics.Marshall Shorts, founder of Artfluential
Fathom simplifies the task of analyzing site performance while simultaneously respecting my visitors' privacy. Also, it’s a joy to use.Jon Henshaw, founder of Coywolf
Today, so many big tech corps are abusing our privacy. This is why I use Fathom. They’re an analytics company I can trust.Justin Jackson, Cofounder of Transistor
Privacy-protections aside, I love the beautifully simple interface. Fathom is now part of my default stack.Derrick Reimer, founder of SavvyCal
I’m deeply opposed to cookie banners. Using Fathom means I don't have to compromise my morals.Ben Orenstein, cofounder of Tuple
I consider Fathom a "must have" tool if you want to understand what's happening with your website traffic—it's simple, speedy, and accurate.Ruben Gamez, founder Docsketch & Bidsketch
Not only is their product and support awesome, but they've shown how much they actually care about their privacy-focused mission.Miguel Piedrafita, founder of Sitesauce
After switching to Fathom for my web properties, I find I'm more attentive to my sites because I'm always aware of how many people are on them and which pages are most popular.Caleb Porzio, creator of Alpine.js
Fathom integrates easily with all content management systems and developer frameworks
We host a bi-weekly podcast, Above Board, discussing privacy and business in the digital age.Subscribe via iTunes, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Overcast or just grab the RSS feed.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I use the same plan for multiple websites?
- Yes, you can add up to 50 sites/dashboards under a single plan, and they all share your monthly page views. If you need more than 50 sites, that's not a problem, contact us for pricing.
- How long do you store my analytics data?
- Forever. Meaning, as long as you are a customer, you can access your data all the way back to when you signed up for an account. 7 days, or even 30 days, doesn't give you a clear enough picture of if your website is trending up or down, which is why we give you data retention forever.
- Why is Fathom better than European-only providers?
- As per the GDPR (Schrems II ruling), EU visitor data has to be processed in the EU on servers provided by an EU hosting provider or a hosting provider with an adequacy ruling. But, that doesn’t mean visitor data from everywhere else should be processed in the EU, as that slows everything down. That’s why we intelligently route visitor data to multiple locations across the world, not just the EU.
- What happens if I go over my page view limit?
- We never charge for occasional traffic spikes, nor do we ever shut your account off if you reach your plan limit early. Instead, if you go over your plan two months in a row or within the first month of joining Fathom, we let you know we’re upgrading your account. From there, you can decide to stay or cancel your account (no hard feelings either way). You can even export your data if you leave.
- Why isn’t Fathom free like Google Analytics?
- If you aren't paying for a product, you are the product. That's why Google Analytics is free, because they make enough money off the personal data their customers give them by using their analytics service. We charge a small and sustainable fee for Fathom because our business model is selling software, not data (these are very different business models). Our customers gladly pay for our service because they know their data is safe with us and their visitors' privacy is protected. As a profitable business, we're in this for the long haul.
- Why does digital privacy even matter?
- You may think that digital privacy doesn’t matter because you have nothing to hide. And that may be true (to some extent), but your data shouldn’t be monetized and sold by giant tech companies who are taking your tastes and preferences and selling them to advertisers (including companies like Cambridge Analytica). These companies are following you around the internet, keeping track of what you do, and then using that knowledge to sell you things or manipulate your thoughts. By using Fathom, you are making your website a black hole to big tech, meaning they cannot track any data about individuals who visit your website.
- Want to learn more about Fathom?
Need more information? We've got you covered:
- Here's why Fathom is a great Google Analytics alternative.
- Wait, what are simple website analytics?
- How is Fathom GDPR, CCPA and PECR compliant website analytics?
- Why is Fathom website analytics for proudly bootstrapped companies?
- Why is Fathom a privacy-focused web analytics tool?
Website analytics deserved better, so we built a better website analytics tool
Fathom is easy-yet-powerful website analytics that protects digital privacy. Trusted by Fortune 100s, banks, governments and companies of every size. Begin with a 7-day free trial, and then pricing starts at $14/month.
View a live demo Get started for free