Fathom Analytics is Simple Website Analytics
Analytics have become complicated. From Google Analytics to other third-party analytics, there are a lot of complicated analytics solutions out there. Each analytics solution provides infinite screens of reports and neverending ways to overwhelm even the savviest website owner. Yet, it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Fathom Analytics is a simple website analytics solution that delivers clear and concise data. It doesn’t invade your privacy but prides itself on an easy user experience with all the metrics you need in a simple dashboard.
Fathom Analytics has always had 2 goals, which run in parallel.
- Focus on privacy. We do this by anonymizing visitor data and being GDPR, CCPA, and PECR compliant. We’re the best privacy-focused Google Analytics alternative. (Plus, no need for GDPR/cookie banners on your website!).
- Be very simple analytics for our users to get the data they need from a beautiful single dashboard powered by scalable tech.
In the past, website analytics tools gave you pages and pages of reports to sift through to get the data you needed to make business decisions with metrics that you may need a data scientist to understand. Some even required complicated training, certification, or hiring experts to better analyze the data.
Fathom Analytics has changed all of this.
We are the first website analytics company to be both
simple to use & completely privacy-focused ✅
What are website analytics?
The reason website analytics are important is because they can help website owners make better informed decisions about their website. By using simple website analytics, a business or website owner can see what content is doing well, what referrers are sending them the most traffic and even look at how well specific events are working to make adjustments and generate more traffic to their websites.
Fathom Analytics is the antithesis of Google Analytics and most enterprise website analytics tools.
Google Analytics is free because they’re an advertising company who uses personal data to target people with advertising, while Fathom Analytics sells software (so we don’t need to sell data, plus we can’t, since we don’t collect any personal data).
Why not use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is both free and popular. According to research, more than 85% of all websites use Google Analytics as their website analytics tool. While free and popular can be great trade-off, there are definitely downsides.
- Google Analytics tracks and stores personal information about your website visitors. That data can then be used for advertising, or even subpoenaed by lawyers and used in civil cases.
- It’s not simple to get the information you need out of Google Analytics and not simple to find anything relevant. Their software is busy, generating reports after reports that make it feel like you’d need a full-time job to use it properly (in fact, there are many people who make a living as Google Analytics experts).
- Many users of Google Analytics are forced to learn how to and then create their own custom reports to get the information they need.
- Google Analytics is overkill for most businesses. Our goal with Fathom Analytics has always been to provide only the data needed to make important decisions. All personal data about visitors remains completely uncollected.
- Google Analytics is sunsetting their current version and forcing users to move to GA4 which requires setup and know-how to get the information you need out of it. It’s also a whole new tracking model, which is the complete opposite of simple analytics.
Fathom Analytics is simple website analytics
Fathom Analytics is simple website analytics software because we only show important metrics on our dashboard. There are not 125 pages of reports with hundreds of metrics that you need to understand. There is a single page with the data you need to help your website or business track the website analytics that matter.
Fathom Analytics was the first website analytics tool to show all the information you’d need on a single page in a dashboard. Instead of tracking everything, our software tracks the data you’d need to make business decisions, and keeps the privacy of your website visitors intact.
Fathom’s simple analytics dashboard includes…
- Right beside your site name, you’ll see the number of live visitors. That shows you who is on your site right now. If you click it, you’ll see what pages they’re on and what referrer they came from.
- The top section of the dashboard shows you the most important overall stats including how many people have visited your site, how long they’ve spent there, bounce rates and events completed, which you can easily click on/off to layer into your data.
- Choose the date range you’d like to analyze, in the top right. There’s a graph that will update and show you the number of unique and total page views for that time period.
- Below the graph, you’ll see a column for top content and a column for top referrers. These are by far the most important pieces of data a website analytics tool can provide, because it shows what’s popular and why it’s popular.
- Below that, there are columns for devices, browsers and countries to give you an idea of where your visitors are coming from and what they’re using to view your site.
- Finally, you can see a list of custom events and how well they’re converting. You can create goals to track things like product sales, newsletter signups or even external links clicked.
- We have a simple UTM builder to create and track any campaign you want.
- Outside this dashboard, we send out email reports. We want you to spend less time looking at your analytics and more time on your website or business. These email reports can go to the account owner but also to anyone else you want to give access to (on a site by site basis).
- We also offer uptime monitoring for free.
With Fathom Analytics, you get everything you need quickly, so you can learn from the data and get back to the important parts of running your website and growing your business - all within a single dashboard.
Our customers love the simple website analytics…
Wow, what a breath of fresh air. I love how simple Fathom is, and it really gives you all the traffic metrics you could need. Joel Gascoigne, CEO of Buffer
Read more about Fathom in our dashboard explainer or take a walkthrough of our dashboard via a short video.
Ready to get started? Try Fathom today with our 7-day free trial.
Fathom is simple analytics in other ways as well
Fathom Analytics is simple from the start. Our user friendly analytics dashboard shows you everything you need, but our core is simple analytics so we ensure your website is privacy focused, fast, and forward thinking.
Our lightweight script never slows down any websites
Website analytics without cookies or privacy-invading scripts
Fathom Analytics is both cookie-free and does not track or collect any personal or private data from website visitors.
This means our software is GDPR, CCPA & PECR compliant. Heck, we even supported the CCPA by signing a letter to the California State Government backing an amendment to make the privacy-focused law even stronger.
There is no need for cookie notices or complicated privacy policies if you use Fathom Analytics. We don’t track or store any personal data from website visitors in our website analytics software, ever.
Ad blockers can be easily bypassed
Ad blockers can easily block Google Analytics, giving you very incomplete data for your website analytics. Fathom, however, uses custom domains, which can bypass ad-blocking and give you the full view of the stats for your website.
No big tech or investors, ever
Fathom Analytics is completely independent of big tech, Silicon Valley and venture capital—we're bootstrapped and proud of it. That means our only focus and goal is to make our customers happy. We’ve actively turned down investments, have been profitable since the beginning, and our company generates enough revenue to keep both our co-founders working on Fathom full-time.
By using Fathom Analytics, you’re supporting independent software development, and not lining the pockets of rich investors or CEOs who remove “don’t be evil” from their company’s mission statement.
Simple website analytics for life
“I feel like more and more folks will start moving towards simpler tools, especially because of the increase in the value of privacy and users having a more technical understanding of their favorite products/sites they use” Shaan
“I'm pretty sure 90% of people only need to know about page views, referrers, and a simple geographical/device breakdown. Fathom shows all of that. And, it supports events, too.” Alexey
Fathom Analytics is a simple privacy-focused web analytics solution for your website visitors that remains fully GDPR, PECR and CCPA compliant.