Fathom Lite: Self-hosted, privacy-first analytics
For individuals who are working on side projects, don't have the budget for $14/month or for those who want a free Google analytics alternative, Fathom Lite is a great solution.
It's a self-hosted privacy-first analytics solution that you install and manage yourself. It's been downloaded millions of times and people love it.
Fathom Lite respects the privacy of your users and does not collect any personally identifiable information. All while giving you the information you need about your site, so you can make smarter decisions about your design and content.
Lite vs Fathom Analytics
The big differences between main software product (Fathom Analytics) and Fathom Lite are:
- Fathom Analytics is hosted by us, on our serverless cloud infrastructure, and we handle everything for you. Lite is hosted on your own servers
- Fathom Analytics has additional metrics (Device Types, Browsers, Countries), Events, Email Reports and new features being added every month
- Fathom Analytics comes with website uptime monitoring at no additional charge.
- Fathom Analytics comes with world class email support. With Lite, you're on your own
- Lite is great if you're technical and know your way around a server.
- Lite can be hosted anywhere you like (you can even host it from your bedroom!)
The advice we typically give is that if you have the spare time to install and maintain Lite on your own servers, you're good to go. Technical folks have had great success with Fathom Lite. Otherwise, our pricing starts at $14/month and we do everything for you.
Fathom Analytics infrastructure
We are very passionate about our infrastructure. We run on fully serverless and highly available (that means that we have our service spread across multiple data centres!) infrastructure. Because of this, we have the best uptime in the privacy-first analytics market. Going viral from a celebrity tweet? Bring it on!
We protect your data 24/7 and our service is kept secure by some of the best engineers in the world. We've spent a lot of time ensuring a highly available service and we pack in a lot of value for the price.
Who uses Fathom Analytics?
Millions of people have downloaded Lite, and we have no idea who they are! But for Fathom Analytics, we are used by individuals, small businesses, celebrities, banks, governments, football (soccer) teams, FTSE 100 companies and your neighbour. We're serious about your neighbour. Fathom Analytics is used on thousands of websites across 80 countries, so there's a high chance your neighbour is using Fathom Analytics or has visited a website that uses Fathom Analytics.
Who are we?
Fathom Analytics is a small, independent company based in Canada. We don’t have investors who are looking for huge returns, and there are no stakeholders other than the two partners (Jack Ellis and Paul Jarvis). We’re profitable, pay ourselves a full-time salary, and focus on making Fathom amazing for the folks who use it. You can read more about us on our about page where we get into it some more!
There are so many paths you can take.
- You could read our Hosted vs self-hosted website analytics blog post if you're still not sure
- You could dive into our podcast, Above Board, where we speak about our journey running an ethical and privacy-focused company. It's not your typical, nerdy podcast! And since you're on the Fathom Lite page, you should start off with Episode 3 (before the podcast took off and Jack had to get a proper microphone!) where we talk about why we went closed-source.
- You could download Fathom Lite and set it up on your own server
- You could sign-up for a free 30-day trial of Fathom Analytics. You won't be disappointed.
- You could read about Google's privacy scandals and delete that Google Analytics spy pixel from your website
- You could have our co-founder, Paul Jarvis, walk you through our dashboard (whilst wearing a Fathom cat hoodie)
Or you could just close this page, go to bed, dream of a world where website visitors' privacy is protected, wake up and then sign-up for Fathom Analytics.