Google Analytics Alternative
Although Google Analytics doesn’t cost you money every month, it’s definitely not free.
Google doesn’t give you access to their analytics software because they’re nice or altruistic. Giving you access to this service means that they have access to your visitors’ browsing data. And because they’re a profit-driven advertising company, if they aren’t charging you for their product, they’re monetizing your data.
Over 75% of websites have Google tracking code on them. That means they aren’t just keeping track of what you search for, but they’re keeping track of 75% of the websites everyone visits.
This is why we created Fathom Analytics. Our tracker collects zero personal or personally identifiable information from website visitors. We charge for our product, so we don’t need to sell information or data. That means, with our analytics tracker installed, and Google Analytics removed, your website becomes an impenetrable fortress from Google and anyone else.
The data that Google collects about all of us from their services can also be subpoenaed by lawyers and even used in civil cases (over 75,000 requests for 160,000 users were submitted in 2018 alone).
The same personal and personally identifiable information isn’t collected by Fathom Analytics. We don’t track individual browsing habits and prefer to track data in aggregate. So even if authorities or lawyers requested information about a website and it’s users, there’s nothing we could provide them with to identify specific users. Your website visitors and customers are safe and secure because their personal data is never collected by our software.
By switching to Fathom Analytics, you’re paying a fair price for a product (this is how our company stays in business). Because we charge our customers money, we have no reason or need to resort to selling data to advertisers or Big Tech. Plus, there’s nothing we could sell, since we don’t know who visits our customers websites. We only know their popular pages, popular referrers and a few other non-identifiable data points. Fathom Analytics isn’t backed by investors or venture capital firms, who require exponential growth at all costs, so we can keep our business completely ethical and above board.
If you decide to switch to Fathom Analytics as your website analytics provider, you’ll be giving your visitors and customers the privacy they deserve. Wouldn’t you like the same treatment from the websites you visit?
Fathom Analytics is a simple web analytics tool that’s easy to use and doesn’t collect or share personal data from your website visitors. Instead, you get a single screen with all the information you need to know to run your business.
The best analytics software isn’t the one that has the most information or hundreds of pages of reports, it’s one that quickly shows you what you need so you can get back to running your business.
Here’s why Fathom Analytics is a great Google Analytics alternative
- Actionable data only. You don’t need infinite reports, you have a business to run. Fathom highlights the key things about your website traffic so you can quickly adjust your business or blog. Page views, referrers and a few other key data points.
- No developers or certified marketing consultants needed. Fathom Analytics is easy to install on any CMS (Content Management System) including WordPress and SquareSpace. You also don’t need an MBA to read our data.
- No big tech overlords. Over 1 million people use Fathom Analytics, but we’re a small company focused on privacy and charging a fair price (so we don’t have to sell data to be profitable).
- Small but mighty. Although our company is small, we use the same technology and infrastructure as bigger companies, so our servers auto-scale and are ready for huge spikes, and our tracker file never slows your site down.
- You get what you pay for. If you aren’t paying for the product, you are the product. Google doesn’t charge for Google Analytics because they make billions selling your data through their other products. We charge a small but fair price so we don’t ever have to do that.