All software has its own language for describing what it does. Here is ours:
- A visitor is a unique person who's visited your site.
- A view is the total amount of times a page is viewed.
- A viewer (for the Content box only) is a person unique to that page. In contrast to a visitor (who is unique to your site). So if Sally visited your website and clicked on 3 pages, she's counted as 1 visitor and a viewer of 3 pages. If she pressed refresh on
aboutthen she's viewed that page twice, but is still 1 visitor who viewed 3 pages.
- Entries are pages people entered your site on. So each visitor has a single entry page (the page they came in on).
- A referrer is a website that has a link to your website. If a referrer does not provide referral information to Fathom, we unfortunately cannot track it (but you can use UTM tags to get around this if you are the one creating the link).
- Events are anything you want to track that isn’t a normal page load (like a button click on a form).
- A referral is when someone uses your unique URL and signs up for Fathom (earning you commission).
If you still have questions or require help with anything, please reach out to us and we'll happily get things sorted out for you.