Database and speed improvements
- Removed the stats chart from mobile. Don't worry, we'll be adding it back in Version 3
- Improvements to our database IOPS after one customer's analytics went super viral. We'll be moving to DynamoDB in Version 3 but this is a great solution for now
- Improvements to database indexing, speeding up current visitors queries etc.
- Limit current visitors to 150 pages as some customers were seeing thousands of entries (first world problem!)
- Improved speed of data aggregation
- Added total pageviews on hover. So if you see 1.1k in one of your rows, hover over it to see the actual figure
- Added extra security to outbound links (noopener)
- We now have a YouTube channel. But we only have one to reach an audience that is already using it. For others, we built a privacy-focused shield page that requires your consent before you visit YouTube. Radical? Perhaps. But we like it.
- We wrote a ton of automation for various things to free up development time. This doesn't affect you (or excite you) in the slightest, I'm sure, but it's a win because it allows us to spend more time building Fathom
Return to changelog