The Google Analytics alternative without compromiseNew Our Google Analytics Importer (UA + GA4) is now available
For the longest time, website analytics software was seriously bad. It was hard to understand, time-consuming to use, and worse, it exploited visitor data for big tech to profit.
Fathom is a Google Analytics alternative that doesn’t compromise visitor privacy for data. We revolutionized website analytics by making them easy to use and respectful of privacy laws (like GDPR and more).
Our entire company is built on putting digital privacy first. Your EU traffic is automatically routed through European-owned infrastructure, and our Canadian company has GDPR adequacy ruling. Plus, we're GDPR, CCPA, ePrivacy, PECR (and more) compliant.
Get setup in minutes
Fathom Analytics is a single line of code that works with any website, CMS or framework. There’s no need for 6-week training programs or any prior experience. Our software is designed to be easily understood instantly.
Our script is fast
Our embed code loads faster than Google Analytics, meaning we're better for your SEO than they are. The script loads from all over the world, from the place closest to the person visiting your site.
We sell software, not data
This is why we created anonymous pageview tracking that doesn't collect or store personal data (we have no use for it). Because of this, Fathom doesn't require annoying cookie notices.
Google Analytics importer new feature
Save your Universal Analytics data from being deleted by Google forever by importing all your historical data into Fathom! Our quick-to-use and straightforward import tool allows you to save your Google Analytics data forever into our easy-to-use dashboard. We don’t even charge for historical data imports (regardless of the amount of data).
See all of your sites at a glance
See every site on your account on a single screen with our all-sites view. This includes totals for things like current visitors and bounce rate. Get everything you need about all your sites in a single place.
No cookie banners needed
Send email reports
Send yourself, your customers, or your coworkers email reports for a single site or multiple sites on your account. That way, you or anyone else can keep track of your analytics without logging in.
Ads, newsletters & ecommerce
Use UTMs to collect information about how your ad campaigns are doing, what links in your newsletter are being clicked, and more. You can even use events to collect data from ecommerce sales.
Unlimited data retention
We don’t ever delete customer analytics data. That means you can view or export your data from when you started using Fathom until right now, even if that’s 30 years of data.
Lightweight script for great SEO
Our script is much smaller than Google Analytics, so it’s great for SEO. Using Fathom as a Google Analytics alternative does not hurt your rankings in any way.
Getting started with Fathom is easy
Gain valuable insights into your website or web application all without spying on anyone in just a few, quick steps. And, if you get stuck, our support is always on hand to help you get things up and running.
Sign up for an account
Start with a 30-day free trial, then pricing starts at $14/month.
Add our script
It's a single line of code that works with every site, web app and CMS.
See your stats
Your Fathom dashboard will start showing you real-time data.
Fathom is trusted by thousands of businesses to power their privacy-first website analytics
What kind of companies use Fathom? Fortune 100s, pioneers of the Open Web, Premier League football clubs, banks, and governments around the world all use our software to provide them with a privacy-focused and easy-to-use alternative to Google Analytics. Not to mention loads of small and mighty companies are Fathom customers as well.
Fathom is used by companies who care about your privacy
Wow, what a breath of fresh air. I love how simple Fathom is, and it really gives you all the traffic metrics you could need.Joel Gascoigne, CEO of Buffer
I switched to Fathom because it’s an ethical analytics tool that I trust. It gives me everything I want to know about my site's performance.Charli Marie, Creative director of ConvertKit
I value my time and my website visitors right to privacy. That’s why I’ve switched to Fathom Analytics.Marshall Shorts, founder of Artfluential
Our new Vue.js website has been using Fathom because I like how it’s lightweight and respects user privacy.Evan You, creator of Vue.js
Fathom Analytics is a great Google Analytics alternative because it is focused on protecting visitors’ privacy, does not collect any personally identifiable information about your website visitors, and does not bog down loading times, leading to faster websites.Nathalie Lussier, founder of AccessAlly.com
Fathom simplifies the task of analyzing site performance while simultaneously respecting my visitors' privacy. Also, it’s a joy to use.Jon Henshaw, founder of Coywolf
Today, so many big tech corps are abusing our privacy. This is why I use Fathom. They’re an analytics company I can trust.Justin Jackson, Cofounder of Transistor
Privacy-protections aside, I love the beautifully simple interface. Fathom is now part of my default stack.Derrick Reimer, founder of SavvyCal
Fathom’s simple analytics dashboard with clear metrics makes it easy to understand what's happening across all web properties. They are the best Google Analytics alternative who really care about privacy.Jessica Joyce, SEO Expert
I’m deeply opposed to cookie banners. Using Fathom means I don't have to compromise my morals.Ben Orenstein, cofounder of Tuple
I consider Fathom a "must have" tool if you want to understand what's happening with your website traffic—it's simple, speedy, and accurate.Ruben Gamez, founder Docsketch & Bidsketch
After switching to Fathom for my web properties, I find I'm more attentive to my sites because I'm always aware of how many people are on them and which pages are most popular.Caleb Porzio, creator of Alpine.js
Fathom integrates easily with all content management systems and developer frameworks
We built Fathom from the very start to be privacy-focused and easy to use. Our business model is honest yet unusual for the startup scene: we charge a fair price for our software (instead of giving it away for free, then selling your data to generate revenue).
Our customers come first because they’re our only investors—we don’t have venture capital funding, bank loans, or other shareholders we answer to. Instead, we’re happily independent and bootstrapped.
We grow sustainability when our customers tell their friends about Fathom, agencies start using us for all their client websites, or when reviewers try several analytics products and end up choosing us. This is the way we like it.
By supporting a company like ours, you are taking a step towards a shared vision of the internet that aligns with ours: away from the watchful eyes of big tech, based on trust and privacy, and all without compromising reliability, speed or quality of support.
Fathom began as an idea that a tech company could be run and grow without compromising our values. Fathom started as an analytics product that could be privacy-focused and simple without compromising the value of its data.
We’re proud of how we run our business, sell our product and serve our customers. And of course, we hope you’ll join us.
Paul & Jack,
Co-founders of Fathom
We host a bi-weekly podcast, Above Board, discussing privacy and business in the digital age.Subscribe via iTunes, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Overcast or just grab the RSS feed.
Frequently asked questions
- Is there a better alternative to Google Analytics?
- Of course, and you’re looking at it! Google Analytics is problematic on several fronts: they killed off their most popular product (UA) and are legally risky in several countries where Data Protection Authorities have found the use of Google Analytics to be illegal. Whereas Fathom Analytics is a better alternative to Google Analytics. We're lightning fast, more accurate, and fully align with the GDPR and the ePrivacy directive.
- Can I use the same plan for multiple websites?
- Yes, you can add up to 50 sites/dashboards under a single plan, and they all share your monthly page views. If you need more than 50 sites, that's not a problem, contact us for pricing.
- How long do you store my analytics data?
- Forever. Meaning, as long as you are a customer, you can access your data all the way back to when you signed up for an account. 7 days, or even 30 days, doesn't give you a clear enough picture of if your website is trending up or down, which is why we give you data retention forever.
- Why is Fathom better than European-only providers?
- As per the GDPR (Schrems II ruling), EU visitor data has to be processed in the EU on servers provided by an EU hosting provider or a hosting provider with an adequacy ruling. But, that doesn’t mean visitor data from everywhere else should be processed in the EU, as that slows everything down. That’s why we intelligently route visitor data to multiple locations across the world, not just the EU.
- What happens if I go over my page view limit?
- We never charge for occasional traffic spikes, nor do we ever shut your account off if you reach your plan limit early. Instead, if you go over your plan two months in a row or within the first month of joining Fathom, we let you know we’re upgrading your account. From there, you can decide to stay or cancel your account (no hard feelings either way). You can even export your data if you leave.
- Why isn’t Fathom free like Google Analytics?
- If you aren't paying for a product, you are the product. That's why Google Analytics is free, because they make enough money off the personal data their customers give them by using their analytics service. We charge a small and sustainable fee for Fathom because our business model is selling software, not data (these are very different business models). Our customers gladly pay for our service because they know their data is safe with us and their visitors' privacy is protected. As a profitable business, we're in this for the long haul.
- Why does digital privacy even matter?
- You may think that digital privacy doesn’t matter because you have nothing to hide. And that may be true (to some extent), but your data shouldn’t be monetized and sold by giant tech companies who are taking your tastes and preferences and selling them to advertisers (including companies like Cambridge Analytica). These companies are following you around the internet, keeping track of what you do, and then using that knowledge to sell you things or manipulate your thoughts. By using Fathom, you are making your website a black hole to big tech, meaning they cannot track any data about individuals who visit your website.
- Is Google Analytics illegal?
- There have been several cases in the EU where a website owner’s use of Google Analytics was found to be illegal under the GDPR. That means, if you use Google Analytics on your website, you risk an audit by a Data Protection Authority (and then possibly a fine). Using a privacy-invasive product like GA can also harm your reputation and cause you to lose the trust of your customers or website visitors. On the other hand, Fathom Analytics aligns with the GDPR and other privacy laws, has more accurate data collection, and is much easier to use.
- Want to learn more about Fathom?
Need more information? We've got you covered:
- Wait, what are simple website analytics?
- How is Fathom GDPR, CCPA and PECR compliant website analytics?
- Why is Fathom website analytics for proudly bootstrapped companies?
- Why is Fathom a privacy-focused web analytics tool?
Website analytics deserved better, so we built a better website analytics tool
Fathom is easy-yet-powerful website analytics that protects digital privacy. Trusted by Fortune 100s, banks, governments and companies of every size. Begin with a 30-day free trial, and then pricing starts at $14/month.
View a live demo Get started for free